Gyeongju Solgeo Art Museum
- Gyeongju Solgeo Museum is a place where visitors can admire the works of the great Korean painter Park Dae-seong (Sosan)as well as other Gyeongju artists, who contributed significantly to Korean art and contemporary art history.
- Park Dae-seong’s (Sosan) paintings gained a reputation after he debuted in the 1960s and won eight national exhibition awards in the 1970s. He won the grand prize at the 1979 Central Art Festival and has cemented a legacy over the last half century for painting natural landscapes.
- Since his move to Gyeongju in the 2000s, he has been working on art pieces related to the nature, cultural heritage, and the Buddhist spirit of Gyeongju, and has donated 840 pieces from his works and collections to the Solgeo Art Museum.
- The Gyeongju Art Association’s history coincides with the history of Korean contemporary art. It led the introduction of the modern artistic styles during the Japanese colonial period and the Gyeongju Arts School was the first arts school operated in the provinces after liberation. As such, the Gyeongju Art Association may be said to be the starting point for Korean art.
- The Gyeongju Solgeo Art Museum is a place where visitors can get a glimpse of the masterpieces of Korean art and the history of Korean art, all in one place.
- Near Apyeongji within the Gyeongju World Culture Expo Park
- Theme 1. Park Dae-seong (Sosan) Permanent Painting Exhibition and Special Exhibition
- Theme 2. Gyeongju Art Association member exhibition and invitation exhibition
- Theme 3. International exchange exhibition related to the World Culture Expo etc.
※ Each theme is exhibited in turn on an irregular basis
- Exhibition Name : Gyeongju Solgeo Art Museum
- Period : Throughout the year
- January 1, Lunar New Year's Day, Chuseok, every Monday
※ If Monday is a national holiday, closed the next business day
※ Subject to change during the summer/winter season
- Solgeo Art Museum Website : http://www.gjsam.or.kr/ko/
- If you need an exhibition guide, please make a reservation in advance.